Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Poem

This poem reflects some of the discussion in my last post, "Oh My Gawd". I apologize for the length but I tried it out, and (technically) it still qualifies as a Post It Poem. It was written on one of those really big notes (you know, the ones with the lines). Oh, and I wrote really tiny.

A Hymn in Green

I enter at dusk
A cathedral of Oaks,
Pillars of Pine
Inspiring silent awe.

A living cathedral where
Trees as tutors tell truths,
Their branches and roots
expanding, whispering.

Sacred vines are blessed
to live among them,
Contemplating truth
Arms folded in prayer.

A cacophony of chanting,
The Moon arrives to
a choir of crickets
An owl conducts.

There are no priests
no clergy here,
all are equally sanctified
all singing an eternal

Hymn in Green.

1 comment:

Lene Andersen said...

Lovely. Just lovely.