Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Betrayal

(NOTE: Last week half of a dead tree fell on my head.)


The screeching pain in my head
and the hurt feelings subside,

A large tender bump recedes
and relief - a scan provides,

I don't understand. What did I do?I

have devoted my self to you.

I rush to be with you each day,

to bask in your beauty, to think, to pray.

It was an accident, I know,

you didn't mean it, yes, I see

that I don't know you

and you don't know me.

So I will return with

a surgeon - and she

will prune and will preen

and then you shall be


Incapable of betraying me.

2 comments:

Lene Andersen said...

good one - made me laugh!

Cleo Russell said...

Lol that was a good one Mary! Maybe the tree just really wanted to touch you? Trees are sometimes big Lennies :) Seriously - I loved the poem and I hope you're ok!! You poor ting! xoxoxo